Ukrainian Fraternal Society of Canada
- Consider organizations that promote and are involved in Ukrainian cultural and educational activities
- Preference shall be afforded to organizations whose activities include and/or benefit UFSC members
- Organizations must be Canadian
- Support organizations or foundations in which the Society would be given exposure in the form of advertising or joint venture functions
- Support objectives such as charitable aid in times of emergency, to the orphaned, widowed, and generally the support of members and their families in times of bereavement
Basic required information:
- Name of Organization / Group
- Contact person and phone number
- Description of project for which funding is being requested
- Project budget
- Amount of funding being requested
Babas and Borshch Ukrainian Festival
Gardenton Ukrainian Museum & Village Society Ukrainian Festival
UIB Program of Alberta
Ukrainian Academy of Arts and Sciences in Canada
Ukrainian National Home
Branch 20 of the Ukrainian Fraternal Society has an extensive library of over 22,000 volumes.
In 1928 UFSC Vancouver Branch 20 launched a library during a Shevchenko concert in the home of choir director P. Pavliukevych. Initially the collections were stored in many halls and various residences, including the homes of P. Zhary and F. Bogdan. Among others, F. Bogdan contributed many of his own works to the library including the UFSC publication British Columbia and Ukrainians and Dictionary of Ukrainian Surnames in Canada. The extensive library now contains over 22,000 volumes, including special collections of historic photographs, music, and personal archives.
Members and interested parties may visit it in the Auditorium of the Holy Trinity Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral located at 154 – 10 Avenue East, Vancouver BC V5T 1Z4. The librarian, Oleg Litwinow can be reached at 604.856.4544.